Renovation of Trissjolle 569 from 1963
After clearing the hull, I started working on new flotation tanks. I repaired damages in the hull and attached brackets to the foredeck.
Since I didn't want to repeat the original construction, with floating tanks in plastic covered plywood, I chose instead to build them with isolation sheets of cellular plastic.
After the boat got new gelcoat both inside and outside, I constructed the skeleton of the small foredeck and thwarts. The original wood details was constructed of mahogany, but I chose oak, because oak is better suited for the Swedish frost weather.
During the first summer sailing, I broke the old rudder. Instead of building it of plywood, I made a new one by joining together discs of plexi-glas. The following summer, the mast broke in one of the first tougher sailings. It was easy to fix with a stainless steel slice which I rolled, and then I joined the mast with fibreglass and plastic.
An recent major work on the boat is the cover. I designed the model and a sailmaker manufactured it.